CATSKILLS WEBSITE MEMORIES
JEWISH CULTURE & HISTORY RESOURCES
SULLIVAN & ULSTER COUNTY RESOURCES
- Catskill Mountainkeeper -- an advocacy organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the long term health of the six counties of the Catskill Region
- Towne Crier
- Town of Bethel
-- excellent site with many links, a great history section, and a wonderful
"Glory Days" section with many historic photos, postcards, and materials from
White Lake, Kauneonga Lake, Bethel & Swan Lake.
Sullivan County Historical Society
Catskill Online-- an On Line Guide to Sullivan County
- CI's favorite resorts
Catskills Alive by Francine Silverman (Hunter Publishing) is the first general guidebook on the market exclusively devoted to the Catskills' four counties. Its 400 pages are packed with first-hand information on everything from hostels and hotels to para-gliding and ostrich farms. Many of these wonderful sites have never before been written about. Published in 2000, the book celebrates a resurgence of both the bygone Borscht Belt and the entire Catskills region. see website for more information on this book, or order from hunterpublishing.com.
Getaway The Catskills.
St. Mary's Church in Obernburg, NY--1st parish established in Sullivan County
- Middletown Times-Herald Record
Sullivan County Democrat
- Catskills Living and Tourism
- Sullivan Country Chamber of Commerce - listings of local places,events, and activities
- Hurleyville NY
- Catskill Mountain Foundation-- creating a culturally enriched environment in the Town of Hunter, New York to benefit Greene County and the Northern Catskill Region.
THE OTHER CATSKILLS: JEWISH RESORT AREAS AROUND THE COUNTRY